July 1, 2022
It’s been a couple of weeks since the release of Detail 3 — our biggest update yet — including multi-camera recording and editing, a totally redesigned interface, and more. Since then, we’ve been taking some time to improve performance, squash some bugs, and optimize Detail to give you the best experience possible.
If you’ve been seeing performance issues when working with larger projects or recording with multiple cameras, we’ve made some changes to rendering that should make things a lot smoother.
Here are the full release notes:
• Fixed some bugs and improved the Library
• Audio fixes and improvements
• Made some improvements to the user interface
• Added the ability to undo/redo when you delete
• Optimized the timeline
• Improved file export
• Fixed multiple crashes
• Made file naming better
• Added a new waiting screen image
• Made some improvements to the snapshot feature
• Fixed some issues with image overlays
• Moved the default Library location to Movies
• Added new shortcuts
• Improved screensharing
If you are trying out the latest version of Detail, make sure to update Detail for iOS via the App Store after installing the Mac app. Detail 3.1.0 is incompatible with the previous iOS camera app.
As always, if you have any issues or suggestions for improvements, let us know on Discord and Twitter, or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.